Posted on: Friday, Feb 15, 2008
I received an email from Pete Evans of the Worthenbury club and festival. Pete says……
I’ve just come off the phone from my Memphis contact and Mojo Buford and Doug McMinn are arriving now a week earlier than originally planned due to having landed two big European festivals the previous weekend.
Essentially it means that whilst the first gig of the UK tour is due to start on April 10th, they will be here on April 2nd.
I am therefore wondering if there might be a venue out there in the North West that might want to consider putting on Mojo Buford, one of the last of the old Chicago blues men, and a direct link to Muddy Waters.
His band would be Doug McMinn on drums (played with BB King, Albert King and Chuck Berry amongst others), Tommy Allen on lead guitar and that awesome bass player AN Other.
I’ll consider all serious offers respectfully. At this stage, provided that there is not a proximity clash with an already booked venue, I’d be looking at a fee that will help cover tour expenses and as this will be Mojo’s last UK tour, it might be a last chance to host a real deal blues man at a reasonable fee.
Would anyone who might be interested please call me on 01948 770215 or mail me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The full tour is:-
- 10th The Litten Tree, Colwyn Bay
- 11th TBA
- 12th Swansea, The Milkwood TBC
- 13th Ilminster, Square & Compass
- 14th Lulworth, The Castle Courtyard
- 15th Rest Day
- 16th Sutton Coldfield,Sutton Blues Collective
- 17th Shrewsbury, The Buttermarket
- 18th Keighley, Bronte Blues Club
- 19th Worthenbury, Goin’ Up The Country
- 20th Penrith Arts Centre
- 21st Sheffield, The Boardwalk
- 22nd Newcastle, The Cluny
- 23rd Leicester, The Musician
- 24th York, Deep Blues Club
- 25th Peterborough, Castor Shakedown Blues
- 26th Basingstoke, The Academy
- 27th Nottingham, The Running Horse