Registration problems solved

Posted on: Thursday, Nov 26, 2009

Whoop de bloody doooo!

Email has sprung into action again

After a right old battle the problems are solved.  The bluesinthenorthwest.com site was not sending out emails – SINCE SEPTEMBER.  This was delaying me approving some comments and new users who wanted to post comments were not being able to register.

Anyway we are now back to business as usual and I am going to celebrate with a glass of something alcoholic.

Thanks everyone and apologies for all those people who tried to register and could not.

Steve

November 28th, 2009 at 09:49

Glad to see that’s been sorted…and here was me thinking there was something wrong with my computer!

Now it’s all been fixed, is there any chance that BluesNorthWest could take a further step forward by enabling members to get more involved?

What I’m getting at is…at the moment only about three people are allowed to initiate topics on here. So what about the rest of us? What about if I want to comment on a great gig I went to last night, or I want to tell people about my trip to Chicago, or rave about the latest Rod Piazza CD? I can’t do it, because, like everyone else, I’m confined to reacting to topics that the “management” see fit to include.

Don’t get me wrong, I love BluesNorthWest and I visit the site everyday, but I’m sure it could be improved if members were allowed greater freedom of expression…and I reckon you’d see an increase in membership too!

November 28th, 2009 at 11:07

Hi Steve – Ken did have a forum in the early stages of the site, but sadly response was very poor. Why not send Ken a link to something you would like to see and some words with it, or just pen something . . . I’m sure Ken would be receptive to it! If you go to a gig you have enjoyed, just put a few words together and send it in.

November 28th, 2009 at 15:11

Hi Steve – thanks for the comment. I am always looking for additional contributors to the site. I can’t just open it up so that anyone can post as I guarantee that we’d be spammed off the face of the net within a week.

I already have about 15 SPAM comments every day to deal with and we have been so badyly hacked in the past that got us kicked out of Google for a week or so.

I will happily consider any posts that you write for inclusion – (all of Grahame’s are submitted by email and I post them to the site). Feel free to get in touch with me by email of you want to discuss more.

I’m not against the idea of having some additional authors – quite the opposite.

Grahame is correct. I did start a forum a couple of years ago and it did not take off. Maybe I could try that again. I still have the code set up and ready to run.

Steve

November 28th, 2009 at 21:08

Thanks for the replies, lads. I didn’t realise that Grahame emailed all his stuff to you, Ken. I think I’ll start doing that. After all that, I can’t think of anything to write at the moment, but I’m sure I will soon!

Pity about the forum, but I suppose it’s a case of use it or lose it…

Jimbo

December 2nd, 2009 at 10:36

I always wondered how I could get something across without replying to what’s already been posted, now I get the picture !! cheers guys, perhaps I’ll do a Skeggie review for you next month, they are changing the format this year, Rock in one venue, Blues in the other, so it should be easier to keep track of the blues acts, that’s assuming that my intake of sauce doesn’t interfere with my concentration !!!!! It has been known you know !! Lol

December 2nd, 2009 at 20:40

Tut tut! Grahame and I would never allow that to happen with us. Isn’t that right Grahame?

December 2nd, 2009 at 21:56

Ha, ha . . . quite! If we’d been at Pacific Road for another hour the review may have had to write itself . . . lol!!