Gig: Cry Baby and The Hoochie Coochie Boys – Gigs in May and June
Posted on: Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Cry Baby and The Hoochie Coochie Boys
May/June Gigs in The North West
May and June sees Cry Baby and The Hoochie Coochie Boys playing at a number of venues in the region. This six piece rhythm and blues band that are
based in The Potteries/Cheshire will be playing some of their original material, together with blues covers in a wide range of styles.
Jointly lead by Rob Wilkinson (Blues Harp/Vocals) and Graham Sells (Vocals/Guitar),the band’s rhythm section of Andy Carr (Drums) and Trevor Pinson
(Bass) give the band all the punch they need. Vince Cutcliffe (Lead Guitar) provides blues licks aplenty from slide to mandolin and playing for the first
time with the band at these venues is keyboard player Freddie Pirotta, the band hooked up with Freddie at The Crossroads Blues Club in Birmingham
and have not looked back since.
- Thu 5th May 2011- BJ’s Blues Club – The Hop Pocket – Chorley
- Sat 14th May 2011 – The Sun Inn – Llangollen – Wales
- Sat 28th May 2011 – Trades Hall – Hebden Bridge Blues Festival
- Sun 29th May 2011 The Full Moon – Newcastle-Under-Lyme – Newcastle Jazz & Blues Festival
- Thur 9th June 2011 – BB’s Blues Club, Alexanders – Chester
Often described as a dance floor rhythm and blues band, Cry Baby and The Hoochie Coochie Boys, the band live by their mantra; ‘We’re gonna blues
ya ‘till we lose ya’.