Gig: Blackburn Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival – King Georges Hall: Sunday, 5th October
Posted on: Monday, Sep 22, 2014
With less than three weeks to go, there is still time to guarantee places and get tickets for this festival!
Chantel McGregor, hailed one of the most exciting artists in the UK, will be headlining and with five other top bands in the line-up and tickets only £24, this is one festival not to miss! !
In 2013 Chantel became the first female artist to be voted “Guitarist of the Year” in the history of the British Blues Awards. Earlier this month the legendary Paul Jones announced on his BBC Radio 2 Show that Chantel had won Guitarist of The Year 2014 for the second consecutive year, and his introduction, before playing a track from her 1st album said it all: “Chantel McGregor and a piece called Cat Song from her album Like No Other, which reminds us that not only is she a very fine singer indeed, but a quite stunning guitarist”
On hearing the track, Chris Evans played it the very next day on his BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show!
You can have a listen to Chantel playing two rocky numbers from her 1st album “Like No Other” at https://soundcloud.com/chantelmcgregor or on a quieter note, enjoy a solo acoustic version of Screams Everlasting, another of Chantel’s original songs, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vz97YJDFrg&feature=share
The remaining very classy international line-up comprises of:
- Stevie Nimmo Trio – a well respected band and Stevie is one half of Scotland’s highly renowned ‘Nimmo Brothers’!!
- Erja Lyytinen – the blues is her home, but this Finnish gem loves to explore, blur and, where appropriate, transcend the genre’s boundaries!
- Grainne Duffy – a unique talent from Ireland, raw and powerful, edgy and elegant; what more needs to be said!
- Stray – a band who are completely at ease musically with each other, and who know their trade through and through!
- The Spellkasters – if you like your R & B noisy, fast and furious; then fasten your safety belts and look out for The Spellkasters!
With this calibre of artist stepping on stage, festival goers can expect to see top class live performances and hear a range of incredible sounds with sets that incorporate blues, rock, r & b, folk, soul and roots music………..and of course, some scintillating new songs from Chantel McGregor!
Don’t miss out on going to Blackburn Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival 4 on Sunday, 5th October!
The festival takes place at King Georges Hall, Northgate, Blackburn, Lancashire BB2 1AA
Advance tickets are only £24 and to book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://www.blackburnbluesfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about line up and the festival in general, please visit http://www.blackburnbluesfestival.co.uk/index.html
Don’t be late, the music starts at 2 p.m and ends at 10 p.m